Thursday 4 October 2012

The Library!

Sounds so serious doesn't it?? It isn't but we did go to the library yesterday. The princess has to read 10 pages a day for school, and we were running out of books. Everyday it's written down on her reading log and signed by me or the daddy depending on who reads with her. When she's read 1000 pages she'll get a diploma at morning assembly. When she's read 5000 pages she'll get a t-shirt. She's already read 510 pages!
She does go to the school library every Thursday with her class but they're only allowed 2 books each, so we ventured to our local library to get more books. I love our library, it's all newly refurbished and very smart. The princess chose a bunch of books for reading and some for us to read for her. The little man found some books as well plus a game for daddy's old Playstation 2. They both picked a couple of dvds too. Films and the game are all quite a few years old but brand new to us.
This is our library where there also is a restaurant, cinema, and a cafe.
Enough about libraries and books.... My mini scooter arrived on Saturday, so Sunday we went for a walk (drive for me). It was fantastic cos the daddy and I could hold hands..... That's something that's been a bit tricky as he's the one pushing me in the wheelchair normally so he has his hands full!!! The princess and little man were riding their bikes and we looked like a 'normal' family! The little man really wanted to try it too and why not so here he is...
Chelsea were playing later hence the little man dressed in all blue!! Matched the scooter though....

6 comments:

  1. Your daughter is doing great, I didn't know you had to have a wheelchair i hope everything is ok?.I bet its some much easyier being able to get out on your new shooter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) She loves reading:)

      I'm okay,having MS is annoying but we're getting used to me having it. When we're out and about I need the wheelchair or now the scooter:)

      Have a great weekend:)

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear this :( I hope you enjoy getting out lots on your new scooter...

      Delete
    3. We're off to the forest tomorrow to collect conkers if the weather stay's dry:) That's where the scooter will be so handy:)

      Delete
  2. We have the same reading program in my kids' school! I think it's awesome to encourage them to develop a love for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing her read and she really loves it:) She's asking to read more than 10 pages more often than not:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...