Sunday 2 September 2012

The tantrum of ALL tantrums!

This is a guest post by the daddy. After a lot of pressure I caved... I guess you all needed to know!
 
So there we all were - the 4 of us - excited at the prospect of going to England for Christmas, and Oddparent was at the fulcrum of this delight as she had just booked the tickets.... or had she?!

Well there are 2 answers to this question:

1) Yes she had booked them
2) She had completely messed it up

Instead of us travelling from Calais to Dover, she decided we would be much better off travelling from Dover to Calais!  So she either thought that my (currently a work-in-progress) transporter machine would be ready to just magic us to Dover and then sail to Calais, before eventually sailing back to Dover, or.........  she got the booking wrong.

Upon the realisation SHE had got it wrong with nobody else to blame, she proceeded in having the Mother of all tantrums!  Bashing things about, swearing under her breath, teary-eyed, the lot!  I then realised where my children get it from, although I presume they will grow out of it in time... but not Oddparent!  She gave it with both barrels!

And to finish off the tantrum, she actually broke our washing basket!  Unbelievable!

I obviously stepped in like a true hero, rang the travel company, sorted it all out, no problem.  And I didn't even break anything in the process!

When Oddparent had calmed down (4 days later), I ventured into bringing the whole "incident" (as it's now known in our household) up.  She told me she's always been like that.... erm what?!!!  In 10 years, I've NEVER witnessed this behaviour, so life must've been pretty perfect for the last decade or.... there is a dark side to Oddparent that I'm learning about a mere 3 months after our wedding!

3 MONTHS... coincidence?  I'm so disturbed now that I hope she's not looking over my shoulder as i write this.... BANG!
                              3 months ago!



8 comments:

  1. It's good to have a sense of humour :) especially in tricky situations like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally be like this to hehe,I hate getting things wrong so I strop as if its not my fault..My hubby would not let me book a ticket as he knows we would end up anywhere but where we want to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew... So happy to hear I'm not the only one:)

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha brilliant!!! SO what I would have done!! X Mammywoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tantrum I mean!!! - Mammywoo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one to through tantrums:)

      Delete
  5. lol - I am the one throwing the tantrums as well in our household and I do it gooood! But there certainly isn't 10 years between them so papa knows perfectly well my temperament. And booking tickets wrong, never done it but I also check the booking about a million times because papa would never let me live it down if I got it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i've good at hiding my tantrums until now but I guess it had to happen more openly:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...